Ah, Pumpkin Spice Latte.
Anyone who has tried it, will agree with me: it is sweet, it is perfection, it is addictive, and it is expensive…like a boyfriend.
At $4.32 with taxes, the “Tall” Starbucks version of this elixir is bound to break your bank. How is a girl supposed to put money away for
shoes the kids’ college fund?
But pumpkin spice seems to be something I can’t be without and since I keep losing bets at work that make me have to bring them in, I put together my own homemade version of this drink – boy is my husband going to be excited.
Somebody suggested I bought the Pumpkin Spice Creamer at the grocery store, but that is not very glamorous at all…is it?
Let’s get started. First things first, put the Britney Spears station on your Pandora.
Second, put something on TV that will have this effect on your kids for at least 30 minutes (in this case, Elmo). This should give you enough time to make your drink and enjoy it too.
- 1/2 cup of WHOLE milk. Go ahead and go the skim milk route, but it’s just not the same.
- 2 tablespoons of pumpkin puree. I would have made my own out of a pumpkin, but I was too eager to try it and ended up getting a (gag) canned product.
- 2 tablespoons of brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon of pumpkin spice
- 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- strongly brewed coffee – in this case, from my Keurig.
- WHIPPED CREAM!!!!
You may microwave the pumpkin milk, but I chose to boil it. Anything to over complicate my life and get more crap dirty…right?
Meanwhile, brew some strong coffee in a sassy coffee mug…
Mix the pumpkin milk with the strongly brewed coffee from the sassy mug, add a little of whipped cream and sprinkle some cinnamon and VOILA!
Orrrr….add a LOT of whipped cream.
So? Was it perfect? Pretty damn close.
Enjoy. Un beso.